Thursday, March 10, 2011

Car accident should I sue or can I even sue? State of Florida -no fault state?

I was a backseat passenger in another person's car 3 weeks ago, when the accident happened. The driver of the car I was in was not at fault, however the accident happened in Florida which is a "No Fault State" anyway. The problem is that I am an adult, without a car, without car insurance and do not drive because I have panic attacks so I only have a restricted license (permit). In the state of Florida as I understand it, if a person is involved in an auto accident then their insurance or a person's auto insurance that they live with is required to pay the medical bills. I am seeing a chiropractor since the accident and have x-rays showing that I have whiplash so the treatments are important. However I have no way to pay them since I do not have car insurance of my own or live with anyone who does. Its just my two daughters and I. Does anyone have any advise on what to do in a case like this and is there anything that an attorney can even do in a case like this? At this point, I am not interested in anything, except making sure my medical bills incurred due to the accident, are paid for, as I have to be seen 3 times a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment