Wednesday, March 9, 2011

2005 Mazda RX8 having starting trouble?

Ok, so my girlfriend has managed to acquire to black cherry shinka edition RX8. Well recently her car threw a code for the SSV. (secondary shutter valve) I am an auto olive technician however I don't know Jack about rotary engines. So I read up on the SSV code a ran some sea foam through and cleaned out the SSV. Well I brought her car into the shop for a simple oil change and EFI cleaning. After running the EFI I came to realize that the spark plugs were fouling out causing a misfire on cylinder 2.I replaced the spark plugs, did he oil change and cranked the car up. It started up and ran beautifully. I brought the car home to my girlfriend, she took it out for a short drive and had no problems and was really happy with how well it was running. Well the next morning when she was getting ready to go to school, she had a really hard time starting the car. When she finally got to school she shut the car down and went to restart it. She had a hard time starting it again. When I got home from work I went over the car to verify her problems. Now I'm absolutely stumped. You have to press the accelerator to the floor to get the car to start running. What I can't figure out is if the issue is with the fuel system, or if the engine is flooded. Would the car be having issues with fuel pressure? Any help would be awesome. I always knew there was a reason I didn't want to dabble with rotary engines, now I know why!

No comments:

Post a Comment